Featured artist: Rachel Merchand
Erik was on the road headed to Soulfest, so...
Meet guest co-host Stephanie: Chapter leader & ALL intern
1. How do you like interning?
2. What activities does Saint Michael's chapter have planned?
3. How did you get involved with pro-life work/RFL?
Check out our updated chapter list
. If you want to start a chapter send Kortney
an e-mail.News & Commentary Largest Pro-life web event in history NY Representative Defends Margaret Sanger Pence Amendment Voted Down National Pro-life Memorial Day is October 5
- Promo postcards available, start recruiting now, visit website, buy t-shirt, sign up to participateFEATURE: Obama-bots, We Love the Obamas, but have no idea what they stand for
* Listen as Stephanie and Kortney recount Monday's activities in D.C. in front of Pelosi's office where a press conference was held spotlighting how the abortion mandate will affect the African American community, followed by an afternoon of activism confronting Michelle Obama.
* Listen to interviews with attendees on abortion as tax-funded healthcare.Choice Cuts
"The last time I can remember a romantic comedy with a real, relatable, capable-of-growth, possessing-an-inner-life heroine (albeit a quirky, eccentric one) was Juno. And that was wrapped in a creepily-anti choice, pro-female self-sacrifice plot structure which made the film a mixed bag for feminists. It was almost as if a three-dimensional female protagonist was only allowed through the gates of existence by doing penance--fulfilling the conservative fantasy of the willing baby-giving-up teen mom--within her film's storyline."
-Sarah Seltzer, RH Reality Check, "Indie Movies Can Be Sexist, Too"
"The United Nations recently reported that the world population will double in the next 40 years if growth rates go unchecked. India...was specifically mentioned...[and] came up with a solution: To bring electricity to rural villages so people can watch television at night instead of having sex. According to...India's Health and Family Welfare Minister:'When there is no electricity there is nothing else to do but produce babies...I am serious. TV will have a great impact. It's a great medium to tackle the problem ... 80 percent of population growth can be reduced through TV.'"
-Amy Dempsey, RH Reality Check, "Roundup: Obama's Abortion Pledge to the Pope"
"Each side in the abortion debate has its Achilles' heel. For advocates of choice it's the fetus."
-Frances Kissling (former president of Catholics for Choice), "What's Wrong With the New Pro-Lifers," RH Reality CheckListen to Congresswoman Lynn Woolsey (D-CA) Equate Abortion To A Tonsillectomy